The Creative Living Academy: Bringing unique experiences to life.
The most unique lifelong learning program in Southern California.
For our Life Plan community residents at MonteCedro, The Canterbury and The Covington, Creative Living isn’t just about being creative with paint, clay, wood or words. It’s about continuing to grow…doing things that are different and at a higher level than other senior living communities in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Creative Living for all—regardless of age, ability, or special interest.
Studies show that self-determination improves wellness and does immeasurable good for the mind, body and spirit. We don’t plan calendars for people. Instead, we ask residents, “What do you want to do?” If an answer is something that has never been done before, we do our best to make it happen!
What is The Creative Living Academy?
- A lifelong learning model driven by residents, supported by staff, and enhanced by partnerships with a growing list of other leading not-for-profit community organizations
- A volunteer group of resident Advisors who assist the development and oversight of the Academy
- Diverse catalog of trimester offerings:
- An ever-changing variety of lectures, classes, workshops, trips, tours, interest discussion groups, intergenerational opportunities, and other special events
- Capitalizes on the “extensive human capital” of talents and life experiences of the residents who live in our community
- Residents are encouraged to be our teachers and facilitators
The Creative Living Academy Vision:
The Creative Living Academy will deliver diverse and stimulating opportunities for lifelong learning, growth, and fulfillment in an accessible atmosphere that is welcoming, inclusive, and respectful to all. To provide educational, cultural, and recreational offerings, we will harness the wealth of knowledge, talent, and experience of our residents, and collaborate with our partners and resources in the greater community.
Contact us now to ask for a copy of a Creative Living Academy Catalog!