We use both our own and third-party cookies for statistical purposes and to improve our services. If you continue to browse, we consider that you accept the use of these.
By By David Weidert,
MonteCedro Executive Director
Since 1923, Episcopal Communities and Services (ECS) has directed its vision, energies, values and principles for the greater good to better serve seniors and their families. Today, the organization is widely recognized and honored as a leading nonprofit, nondenominational nameplate providing communities, affordable housing, programs, services and wellness.
It’s no wonder that as one of the three ECS-lauded Life Plan Communities, MonteCedro and its eight-acre campus showcases the commitment and dedication to best practices during this challenging time. MonteCedro is just one example of how the organization continues to demonstrate visionary and strident “meet and exceed” COVID protocols to keep residents, families, staff and its resources safe and secure.
Every measure of daily assurance and community confidence has been developed and structured to keep everyone healthy. It’s part of the ECS promise toward improving wellness and well-being at the Canterbury, Covington and MonteCedro Life Plan Communities.
THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF OUR RESIDENTS, TEAM MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES REMAINS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY.
We are continuing to reintroduce programs and amenities in new and creative ways. Highlights include:
• Creative Living: Life Enrichment programs spanning educational, artistic, health and wellness, and cultural programs are being conducted by Zoom. When possible, we “community together” with social distancing, such as in the case of exercise classes where distancing is feasible.
• Communication: Weekly Zoom meetings between resident leadership and ECS executive leadership; as well as weekly updates providing the latest protocol information to residents via newsletter from the executive director.
• Zoom meetings: Available for all resident committees and groups to connect.
• Transportation services: by reservation
• Family visits: by reservation
• Indoor and outdoor exercise: by reservation
• Swimming pool and salon: by reservation
• Culinary: Room service delivery, limited outdoor dining, and pick-up available
“When I moved in during the lockdown, I wasn’t sure I had made the right choice. After all, there was a lot of press about [safety in] senior living communities. But in hindsight it was the smartest move ever. Why? Because everything is right here and everyone follows the standard sanitizing, distancing and testing. In a way you have the most trusted way to community.”
–Jeanne Holland (resident)
MONTECEDRO IS PROUD TO COUNT HUSBAND AND WIFE PHYSICIANS AND EPIDEMIOLOGISTS AS RESIDENTS.
“As epidemiologists, we are cautious and extremely knowledgeable of how COVID affects our personal health, our well-being and the comfort and considerations for our family and friends. We’re confident that ECS has taken every step of quality health-care COVID protocol. We know that MonteCedro has every resource working to keep us all safe. We couldn’t ask for a more responsible community commitment in this difficult period.” Drs. Thad and Margan Zajdowicz (residents)
LET’S COMMUNITY, TOGETHER.
Residents appreciate that although community life has shifted in response to the issues of today, they also appreciate that living at MonteCedro provides an all-in-one living and lifestyle choice that includes a deep level of protection; for example, all resources are right here: dining, entertainment, housekeeping, creative pursuits, educational programs and even health-care assistance.