Please refer to these organizations for the latest public health information in the regions we serve.
As it has always been, the safety and security of our residents, team members, and their families remains our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
Our residents and team members understand the importance of their roles within the community to protect themselves and each other. We continue our vigilance in following precautions to prevent the transmission and spread of COVID-19. In addition to washing hands frequently, wearing masks, and keeping a physical distance from others, our community continues the following protocols to keep themselves and others safe:
Community Entrance: Entrances to ECS communities are limited to a single point of entry to allow for health screening, including a temperature check, for everyone who enters and exits the building.
- All team members are required to wear masks and additional personal protective equipment (PPE), depending on their position. Specific guidance for team members can be found here.
- Residents should wear their masks whenever any team member is in their apartment for any reason and when they leave their apartment or leave the campus for any reason.
- Exceptions: when walking outdoors, if alone or with a member of your household or pet, you may remove your mask, but please have it accessible to put on when approaching others.
- All visitors, guests, and contractors will be required to be escorted, wash their hands and wear a mask while on the campus.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness: In our everyday cleaning, ECS Communities, uses the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
Surface Areas: In public spaces, we have used hospital-grade disinfectants, which is done with increased frequency. In our residences, our communities have added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants.
Resident, Team Member, and Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, we have placed signage throughout each campus to remind everyone to maintain physical distancing protocols and have removed or re-arranged furniture to allow more space for distancing. We also have placed additional hand sanitizer stations throughout each campus.
Episcopal Communities & Services has adopted an aggressive approach in our fight against COVID-19. Testing provides us with valuable information to keep our residents and team members safe. While these results only represent a snapshot in time, it does allow us to identify individuals who do not present any symptoms and might otherwise go undetected.
We are fortunate to have excellent resources to aide us in this approach, which allow us to proactively test our residents and team members under the following schedule onsite at the Life Plan Community in which they work and live:
- Testing is required of all direct care team members, including outside agency, temporary staff, and team members with more than one job: weekly
- Testing is required of all other team members: monthly
- All residents are offered and encouraged to be tested: monthly
*These frequencies may increase at any given time.
Resident and Team Member Monitoring
If a resident or team member tests positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), a community health bulletin is issued to inform the ECS community affected. In addition to rigorous testing, residents and team members are monitored for symptoms on an ongoing basis. They may also be placed on quarantine and require testing following a hospital stay, international or domestic travel using mass transportation, if they are a new resident, or had high exposure to an individual that tests positive for COVID-19.
Any resident or team member that tests positive will self-isolate for at least 14 days and will need two negative tests conducted at least 24 hours apart before being removed from isolation. Contact tracing is conducted in all positive COVID-19 cases and any resident or team member identified with having significant exposure will also self-isolate for at least 14 days and will need two negative tests conducted at least 24 hours apart before being removed from isolation.
Each community has a separate area on campus with designated team members for any resident to use if they need care in isolation as a result of COVID-19. This area contains its own supply room and showers for use by the dedicated heroes in the COVID unit.
What we’re doing now
We are continuing to reintroduce programs and spaces back on each of our campuses. Reopening of these spaces may include reconfiguring spaces and adapting programs with new safety protocols. Below are highlights of a few of the programs and services that are available and may vary depending on location. Please visit the community’s website for further details.
- Creative Living Opportunities: Life Enrichment programs can be viewed on the MonteCedro YouTube Channel, The Covington YouTube Channel, or Channel 1960 at The Canterbury.
- Communication: weekly Zoom meetings between resident leadership and ECS executive leadership, weekly updates provided by the Executive Director, community health bulletins as described above, and ongoing as needed. Previously issued FAQs and communication can be found on the Resident Portal page for each community.
- Resident wellness checks: ongoing by team members and peer groups
- Zoom Meetings: available for all resident committees and groups to connect. Please contact the Life Enrichment Director at the community for more information
- Transportation services: medical appointments and shopping only
- Open for visitors: by reservation in designated outdoor areas
- Outdoor Exercise: by reservation only
- Swimming Pool: by reservation only
- Culinary: Room service delivery three meals; weekly treats
Please be aware that some programs and services may change at any given time, as they are contingent upon state regulations with no outbreaks and continued negative results.
This page is updated as changes are made. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please contact Sharon Pewtress, Director of COVID-19 Communication at firstname.lastname@example.org